If you are planning a trip to Cambridge or if you are a local of the city and intend to go punting on the river Cam, then, despite first appearances there are a number of alternatives to Scudamores Punting Company some of the more reputable and long running organisations are listed below.
In alphabetical order:
- Cambridge Chauffeur Punts – Silver Street Bridge. Despite the name this company also provide self hire punts at a rate of around £16 per hour during the week and £20 per hour at weekends.
- Cambridge Punt Company – La Mimosa punt station, nr. Quayside, Bridge Street. Independent punt company offering chauffeured tours along the Backs.
- Cambridge River Tours – La Mimosa punt station, nr. Quayside, Bridge Street. Independent operation providing guided punt tours of the Cambridge colleges
- Grant Punt and Canoe hire – Newnham Road (by The Granta pub). Self hire punts at a rate of around £20 per hour and guided punt tours
- Trinity Punts, Garret Hostel Lane (off Trinity Street) – access via Trinity college. College owned punts are available for hire at a rate of around £16 per hour for self hire
Please see the map on our geography page for details on the specific locations of all of the above.