What happens now?
There are a number of things that you can do to help:
- Sign the online petition Please include your name and your reasons for supporting this cause. Please note where it asks for a donation, this is neither compulsory nor anything to do with this campaign – the donations go to the site hosting the petition.
- Print off the hard copy petition, collect signatures and then return it to us so that we can present it to the Cambridge City Council
- If you are a Cambridge resident, enter your post code on this page of the Cambridge City Council web site to find out who your local councillor is then contact them and tell them what you think about what is going on
- Contact the leader of the council Ian Nimmo-Smith (who is also the head of the Strategy & resources scrutiny committee responsible for passing the current proposals) and tell him what you think about the idea
- Write to the Cambridge Evening News letters page and tell them what you think. Keep your letter to 200 words
- Boycott Scudamores Punting Company – they are the driving force behind what the council are doing so let's hit them where it hurts, in their pockets.
- If you have a website please link to us http://www.cambridgerivertour.com The more sites link to us the more people will find out what is going on
- In order to help cover the costs of running this campaign we may from time to time run some adverts from sponsors on the site. We will always endeavour to make these as unintrusive as possible. Please help support our campaign by clicking on these from time to time. It costs you nothing and helps us keep the fight going.
- If you think you can help our cause in some other way then please contact us to discuss how you can help